- A soft conical cap given to Roman slaves on their emancipation and often used as a republican symbol in more recent times.More example sentences
- Removing the episcopal insignia, he put on a cap of liberty and declared that the only religion of a free people should be that of Liberty and Equality.
- On a punch bowl in the Colonial Williamsburg collections, Wilkes's image and the cap of liberty encouraged colonists.
- The flags and caps of liberty were cut down, the leaders apprehended, both male and female; and some resistance being made, some were killed and many wounded.
More definitions of cap of libertyDefinition of cap of liberty in:
- The British & World English dictionary