noun (plural cappuccinos)
- Coffee made with milk that has been frothed up with pressurized steam.More example sentences
- They sipped their espressos and cappuccinos from the coffee shop next door that was practically part of the theatre.
- I don't care though, since I use my dark coffee for lattes and cappuccinos anyway.
- The blends, all from Arabica beans, are fine when mixed with milk in lattes and cappuccinos.
1940s: from Italian, literally 'Capuchin', because its color resembles that of a Capuchin's habit.
More definitions of cappuccinoDefinition of cappuccino in:
- The British & World English dictionary