adverb & adjectiveMusic
- (Especially as a direction) in a free, playful, impulsive style.More example sentences
- A whirlwind final movement, allegro - andante - vivace molto capriccioso - with something of the feel of Bartók and Prokofiev, ends by quoting material from the earlier movements.
- He inspired many substantial concertante works, including Lalo's Symphonie espagnole, Bruch's Violin Concerto no. 2 and Scottish Fantasy, and Saint-Saëns's Rondo capriccioso and Violin Concertos nos. 1 and 3.
- The Scherzo capriccioso, abridged in this recording in order to fit on two 78 rpm sides, was recorded with the Berlin Philharmonic in 1930.
Italian, literally 'capricious', from capriccio.
More definitions of capricciosoDefinition of capriccioso in:
- The British & World English dictionary