- Of, relating to, or resembling goats.More example sentences
- The level of certainty is highest for bovine clones, followed in decreasing order of certainty, by porcine, caprine, and ovine clones.
- A total of 34 microsatellite primers, polymorphic in their respective species, were selected in this study (30 bovine [Bos taurus], 2 ovine [Ovis aries], and 2 caprine [Capra hircus]).
- Even my law-and-order father loosens up, providing the appropriate barnyard noises that accompany the singing of Chad Gadya (‘One kid that father bought’ - of the caprine persuasion).
late Middle English: from Latin caprinus, from caper, capr- 'goat'.
More definitions of caprineDefinition of caprine in:
- The British & World English dictionary