Definition of caprylic acid in English:
A liquid fatty acid present in butter and other fats.
- Some researchers believe that one of the most potent non-drug or natural yeast-fighting substances is caprylic acid, a medium-chain fatty acid derived from coconut oil.
- Undecylenic acid has been shown to be approximately six times more effective as an antifungal than caprylic acid, and is effective in maintaining a healthy balance of intestinal and vaginal flora.
- After the medication came high doses of vitamins and minerals, ‘healthy’ bacterial flora such as lactobacillus and nondairy acidophilus, caprylic acid, and herbs such as grapefruit seed extract and paud'arco.
- Example sentences
- The strontium caprylate was prepared by metathesis from sodium caprylate and strontium chloride.
- Capryl is sodium-free, resin-free, derived exclusively from calcium, magnesium and zinc caprylates.
- It has lower concentrations of allicin and cinnamaldehyde than its sister products, Garlic Freeze Dried and Alli-Cinn but contains caprylates as the third component.
Definition of caprylic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan