Definition of caprylic acid in English:
A liquid fatty acid present in butter and other fats.
- Some researchers believe that one of the most potent non-drug or natural yeast-fighting substances is caprylic acid, a medium-chain fatty acid derived from coconut oil.
- Undecylenic acid has been shown to be approximately six times more effective as an antifungal than caprylic acid, and is effective in maintaining a healthy balance of intestinal and vaginal flora.
- After the medication came high doses of vitamins and minerals, ‘healthy’ bacterial flora such as lactobacillus and nondairy acidophilus, caprylic acid, and herbs such as grapefruit seed extract and paud'arco.
- Example sentences
- The strontium caprylate was prepared by metathesis from sodium caprylate and strontium chloride.
- Capryl is sodium-free, resin-free, derived exclusively from calcium, magnesium and zinc caprylates.
- It has lower concentrations of allicin and cinnamaldehyde than its sister products, Garlic Freeze Dried and Alli-Cinn but contains caprylates as the third component.
Definition of caprylic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.