Definition of car wash in English:
1A building containing equipment for washing motor vehicles automatically.
- If the force is too great, a mirror may not fold out of harm's way, such as when a vehicle is in a car wash.
- It would have included a wide range of facilities, including round-the-clock jet washers, a car wash and garage shop.
- A single access road is planned from the A65 to be shared by the restaurant and a proposed car wash at a former filling station next door.
2An event, typically a fundraiser, in which motor vehicles are washed: the Teen Center will hold its third annual car wash on Saturday
More example sentences
- Crossmolina Fire Brigade annual charity car wash will be held on Saturday, December 11th on the Ballina Road.
- The grade 7 class held a car wash at the school fundraising event.
- The first event is a Coffee Morning and car wash at the scout hut.
Words that rhyme with car washbackwash • brainwash
Definition of car wash in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan