noun (plural carabineros)
- A Spanish or South American frontier guard or customs officer.More example sentences
- Chilean President Ricardo Lagos, while claiming to support the right to protest, ordered the mobilization of the ‘carabineros.’
- In his very funny portrayal of the scene - the carabineros turn up with a giant water cannon which the locals call The Spitting Lama - he gives a horrific eyewitness account of an old woman being beaten up.
- The other carabinero jumped for me, but stepped into a wide swing that tumbled him into the canal.
mid 19th century: Spanish, literally 'soldier armed with a carbine'.
More definitions of carabineroDefinition of carabinero in:
- The British & World English dictionary