- A leguminous shrub or small tree native to central Asia and Siberia, widely planted as an ornamental.
More example sentences
- Genus Caragana, family Leguminosae: several species, including the pea tree of Siberia
- You don't need or want to know the detailed play-by-play, just that my ‘holiday’ Monday consisted basically of getting drunk and stoned in the sunshine and rolling an old bicycle off my friend's roof and into the caragana hedge.
- The caragana bushes would flower along the sidewalks; buildings would be painted the morning after a happy event.
modern Latin, of Turkic origin.
More definitions of caraganaDefinition of caragana in:
- The British & World English dictionary