- A colorless toxic volatile liquid used as a solvent, especially for fats and oils.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CCl4
- Specific petrochemicals implicated in one study included benzene, toluene, styrene, hexane, carbon tetrachloride, chloroform, methanol, and vinyl chloride.
- Greenpeace found that perc breaks down into the toxic byproducts phosgene, vinyl chloride, carbon tetrachloride and trichloroacetic acid.
- Do not clean with window cleaning fluids or strong solvents such as gasoline, denatured alcohol, carbon tetrachloride, or acetone.
More definitions of carbon tetrachlorideDefinition of carbon tetrachloride in:
- The British & World English dictionary