- 1Registered as a member of a political party or labor union.More example sentences
- Although I have never been a card-carrying member of any political party, I have always had a soft spot for people of conviction who are either prepared to stand for election themselves or work tirelessly on behalf of others.
- Martin Amis, whose famous novelist father, Kingsley, spent decades as a card-carrying member of the Communist Party, wants to arrest the left's laughter so as to indict the left's memory.
- Once a card-carrying member of the Communist Party, she recalls rallies and marches during the turbulent Thatcher years.
- 1.1often • humorous Confirmed in or dedicated to a specified pursuit or outlook: a card-carrying pessimistMore example sentences
- It's something that I, as a card-carrying pessimist, have thought about plenty of times before.
- These books do not tend to incorporate a lot of spiritual content, in part because I think the market for these books is not card-carrying, mature, experienced and dedicated Pagans, or even Pagans at all!
- For a card-carrying liberal, I was surprisingly unapologetic about our decision.
More definitions of card-carryingDefinition of card-carrying in:
- The British & World English dictionary