- A catalog or similar collection of information in which each item is entered on a separate card, and the cards are arranged in a particular order, typically alphabetical.More example sentences
- Long before the perestroika began, Krayushkin had been quietly filling a separate card index with materials about writers, actors and artists who had been arrested or shot.
- My card index is arranged by song title and records the number of times Sharp collected each song in date order.
- The sentences are fragmentary; it reads like a linearised hypertext, like a card index of his life taken from its box and shuffled.
More definitions of card indexDefinition of card index in:
- The British & World English dictionary