Definition of cardamom in English:
1The aromatic seeds of a plant of the ginger family, used as a spice and also medicinally.
- Spices, if used, include cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, and ginger.
- California Chai is an organic blend of warming and stimulating spices like cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and ginger to promote good digestion.
- It is a mix of celery salt, mustard, red pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, allspice, ginger, mace, cardamom, cinnamon and paprika, very well balanced and somewhat spicy when you taste it as is.
2The Southeast Asian plant that bears cardamom seeds.
- Elettaria cardamomum, family Zingiberaceae
- Large plantations of coffee, sugarcane, bananas, and cardamom, all grown primarily for export, cover much of the Pacific lowlands.
- Coffee, tea, sugar, cardamom, rice, cloth, and some manufactured items were the main imports.
- For her, he had written of wealth, banana groves, palatial bungalows, cardamom plantations, why, even the death of a few men and women who had become inconvenient to the businessmen and politicians who flocked to seek his favour.
Words that rhyme with cardamomPergamum • sesamum
Definition of cardamom in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.