- The upper opening of the stomach, where the esophagus enters.More example sentences
- The esophagus extends from the pharynx to the cardia of the stomach.
- Although physical examination did not provide additional information, further endoscopic exploration regarding the cause of the anemia revealed a type 3 ulcer in the cardia of the stomach.
- They are virtually absent from both the mynenteric plexus and the circular muscle layer in the cardia and fundus, rising to a maximal density at the level of the pylorus.
late 18th century: from Greek kardia.
More definitions of cardiaDefinition of cardia in:
- The British & World English dictionary