Definition of cardiac in English:
1Of or relating to the heart: a cardiac arrest
More example sentences
- He survived a near fatal heart attack and subsequent cardiac surgery, only to succumb to motor neurone disease.
- New labeling information includes: post-marketing reports of heart attacks, sudden cardiac deaths, and hypertension.
- For example, after a heart attack or cardiac surgery, minor muscular chest aches and pains may be misinterpreted as evidence of angina, leading to unnecessary worry and disability.
2Of or relating to the part of the stomach nearest the esophagus.
- ‘Piles’ of the cardiac orifice of the stomach from obstruction to the portal system may produce hemoptysis.
- Compared to cancer of the distal stomach, cardiac cancer carries an even worse prognosis.
- Proximal stomach tumors of the cardiac region have actually increased in incidence in recent years.
nounMedicine , informal Back to top
A person with heart disease.
- I'm finding all this talk of post-op cardiacs particularly relevant after my two months of cardiology call and this month in the NICU.
- Can cardiacs be given productive jobs?
- Auricular tachycardia occurs more frequently in patients who have no structural heart disease whatever than it does in outspoken cardiacs.
Definition of cardiac in:
- British & World English dictionary