Definition of cardinal beetle in English:
A mainly bright red beetle with feathery or comblike antennae. It typically lives under loose bark.
- Family Pyrochroidae: several genera
- Then we return to Lady Spring Wood, home to the cardinal beetle.
- Rather scarce, the cardinal beetles can sometimes be seen at the edge of woodland, as was the case here.
- This distinctively-coloured cardinal beetle has a somewhat flattened shape and comb-like antennae.
Definition of cardinal beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.