A mainly bright red beetle with feathery or comblike antennae. It typically lives under loose bark.
- Family Pyrochroidae: several genera
More example sentences
- Then we return to Lady Spring Wood, home to the cardinal beetle.
- Rather scarce, the cardinal beetles can sometimes be seen at the edge of woodland, as was the case here.
- This distinctively-coloured cardinal beetle has a somewhat flattened shape and comb-like antennae.
More definitions of cardinal beetleDefinition of cardinal beetle in:
- The British & World English dictionary