Definition of cardinal beetle in English:
A mainly bright red beetle with feathery or comblike antennae. It typically lives under loose bark.
- Family Pyrochroidae: several genera
- Then we return to Lady Spring Wood, home to the cardinal beetle.
- Rather scarce, the cardinal beetles can sometimes be seen at the edge of woodland, as was the case here.
- This distinctively-coloured cardinal beetle has a somewhat flattened shape and comb-like antennae.
Definition of cardinal beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan