Definition of cardinal fish in English:
A small brightly colored fish found in shallow tropical seas around reefs. The male often broods the eggs in his mouth.
- Family Apogonidae: several genera, in particular Apogon, and numerous species
- However, the Japanese cardinal fish deserves special mention.
- Out in the blue, barracuda cruise, along with solitary amberjack, while posses of bright orange cardinal fish skulk in small caves, waiting for the cover of night, and teams of larger corb do likewise in the more spacious caverns.
- Morays, congers, scorpionfish, parrot fish, damsel fish, most of the 20 different species of wrasse found in the Med, cardinal fish, saupe, corb and langouste all make regular appearances on dives in the reserve.
Definition of cardinal fish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.