- Each of the four main points of the compass (north, south, east, and west).More example sentences
- The Great Pyramid's faces are positioned, almost exactly, in the directions of the four cardinal points (north, south, east and west) with less than one degree of error!
- American roads also frustrated the traveller seeking to move diagonally rather than according to the four cardinal points of the compass.
- Planetary location was related to the four cardinal points and described in terms of lying east, west, north or south; high or low; to the left or right, etc.
More definitions of cardinal pointDefinition of cardinal point in:
- The British & World English dictionary