- Causing tooth decay.More example sentences
- Since processed maize is highly cariogenic, dental caries and resulting tooth loss increase with the adoption of maize agriculture.
- Sugars located within the cellular structure of food (such as fructose in whole fruit) are thought to be less cariogenic than sugars intentionally introduced into foods.
- Some formulas, especially soy-based formulas that contain sucrose, can be cariogenic.
More definitions of cariogenicDefinition of cariogenic in:
- The British & World English dictionary