Definition of carload in English:
1The number of people that can travel in an automobile: a carload of passengers
More example sentences
- Granted, if you are traveling with a carload of friends, hostelling might not be your most economical choice when compared to a standard hotel.
- Marisa Choguill travelled from Ballarat with a carload of her friends.
- Driving home after a meeting one sunny afternoon, there was a truckload of teenage boys driving beside a carload of teenage girls directly in front of me.
1.1North American The quantity of goods that can be carried in a railroad freight car.
- Canadian National said the traffic shift would allow it to divert about 14,000 to 15,000 freight carloads annually from Chicago.
- About 200 carloads of freight move over that stretch of rail each year, mostly hauling grain and fertilizer to elevators in Random Lake and Adell.
- A train carrying three carloads of frozen turkeys made the final journey on the High Line in 1980.
Words that rhyme with carloadcartload • payload
Definition of carload in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan