Definition of carnauba in English:
1A northeastern Brazilian fan palm, the leaves of which exude a yellowish wax. Also called wax palm.
- Copernicia cerifera, family Palmae
- To protect itself against dehydration during the period of drought that severely affects the Northeast region of Brazil every year for more than six months, the Carnauba covers its leaves with a thick layer of wax.
1.1 (also carnauba wax) Wax from the carnauba palm, formerly used as a polish and for making candles.
- The apples all shimmer like celebrities at a premiere, because they are given a shiny coating with carnauba wax (also used in shoe polish).
- Important ester waxes include carnauba wax, lanolin, beeswax, and spermaceti.
- Other important waxes include carnauba wax and spermaceti.
Definition of carnauba in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan