Definition of carpenter ant in English:
A large ant that burrows into wood to nest.
- Genus Camponotus, family Formicidae: numerous species
- In order to trace genetic changes they then compared the B. pennsylvanicus genome to the sequence from a related carpenter ant, B. floridanus.
- We shall use these badly needed funds for the dentist, and for such luxuries as killing the carpenter ant infestation, and for paying off the tax guy.
- They will kill all your fire ants and carpenter ants and termites.
Definition of carpenter ant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan