- 1The activity or occupation of making or repairing things in wood.More example sentences
- You don't need to be a master carpenter, but some basic carpentry skills are required.
- Most of the stay-at-home fathers spoke about work they were doing on the house, landscaping, carpentry, woodworking or repairing cars.
- But most kits are pretty well laid out and come with plans and some sort of instructions, so you and a couple of helpers can do the work with basic carpentry skills and tools.
- 1.1The work made or done by a carpenter: the superb carpentry of the mahogany deskMore example sentences
- His bricklaying cannot be matched by anyone locally, his carpentry is superb, he is unique and Bolton needs him.
- Reed did a bit of quick carpentry to repair the breaks, lashing them back together with something the Vikings could have used, duct tape.
late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French carpentrie, Old French charpenterie, from charpentier (see carpenter).
More definitions of carpentryDefinition of carpentry in:
- The British & World English dictionary