Definition of carpentry in English:
1The activity or occupation of making or repairing things in wood.
- You don't need to be a master carpenter, but some basic carpentry skills are required.
- Most of the stay-at-home fathers spoke about work they were doing on the house, landscaping, carpentry, woodworking or repairing cars.
- But most kits are pretty well laid out and come with plans and some sort of instructions, so you and a couple of helpers can do the work with basic carpentry skills and tools.
1.1The work made or done by a carpenter: the superb carpentry of the mahogany desk
More example sentences
- His bricklaying cannot be matched by anyone locally, his carpentry is superb, he is unique and Bolton needs him.
- Reed did a bit of quick carpentry to repair the breaks, lashing them back together with something the Vikings could have used, duct tape.
Words that rhyme with carpentrytapestry • papistry
Definition of carpentry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan