Definition of carpentry in English:
1The activity or occupation of making or repairing things in wood.
- You don't need to be a master carpenter, but some basic carpentry skills are required.
- Most of the stay-at-home fathers spoke about work they were doing on the house, landscaping, carpentry, woodworking or repairing cars.
- But most kits are pretty well laid out and come with plans and some sort of instructions, so you and a couple of helpers can do the work with basic carpentry skills and tools.
1.1The work made or done by a carpenter: the superb carpentry of the mahogany desk
More example sentences
- His bricklaying cannot be matched by anyone locally, his carpentry is superb, he is unique and Bolton needs him.
- Reed did a bit of quick carpentry to repair the breaks, lashing them back together with something the Vikings could have used, duct tape.
Definition of carpentry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.