Definition of carpet beetle in English:
A small beetle whose larva (a woolly bear) is destructive to carpets, fabrics, and other materials.
- Genus Anthrenus, family Dermestidae
- Several types of beetles (cigarette beetles and carpet beetles and relatives) also will feed on spices.
- The carpet beetles, the feathered beetles, things even strangely called cigarette beetles, I guess they must have gobbled up people's cigarettes while they were sitting in their pocket.
- A number of insects that live within birds' nests can find their way indoors - such as carpet beetles, house moths, spider beetles and the martin bug.
Definition of carpet beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.