verb[with object] (often as noun carpet-bombing)
- Bomb (an area) intensively.More example sentences
- Near the end of the war, planes started carpet-bombing all of the major Japanese cities, using incendiary bombs.
- In this day and age people are too intelligent to agree with carpet-bombing a few countries on a whim.
- Short of carpet-bombing the entire country and creating huge civilian casualties, weather conditions will prove inimical to a broadly based ‘search and destroy’ mission.
More definitions of carpet-bombDefinition of carpet-bomb in:
- The British & World English dictionary