Definition of carpet shell in English:
A burrowing bivalve mollusk of temperate and warm seas, with concentric growth rings and irregular colored markings.
- Genus Venerupis, family Veneriidae
- Nowadays, oyster and mussel farmers have been joined by farmers of carpet shell clams.
- Look for the shells of common species such as cockles, trough shells, sand gapers, carpet shells, razor shells, striped Venus and thin tellins.
- Fauna and fauna include live cockles, trough shells, carpet shells and tellins.
Definition of carpet shell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan