Definition of carpet shell in English:
A burrowing bivalve mollusk of temperate and warm seas, with concentric growth rings and irregular colored markings.
- Genus Venerupis, family Veneriidae
- Nowadays, oyster and mussel farmers have been joined by farmers of carpet shell clams.
- Look for the shells of common species such as cockles, trough shells, sand gapers, carpet shells, razor shells, striped Venus and thin tellins.
- Fauna and fauna include live cockles, trough shells, carpet shells and tellins.
Definition of carpet shell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.