Definition of carpeting in English:
1Carpets collectively: offices with wall-to-wall carpeting
More example sentences
- The church floor was carpeted in mottled wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Though wall-to-wall carpeting is the least costly floor option, carpets are harder to keep clean and harbor smells.
- With wall-to-wall white carpeting and ceiling-to-floor flowered curtains running along two sides of the room, the place had a homey ambience.
1.1The fabric from which carpets are made.
- Flooring consists of linoleum and non-PVC-backed carpeting.
- The mauve plush carpeting felt good as my toes wriggled back and forth in it.
- For instance, broadloom carpeting may run $20 per yard, and the going rate for installation might be around $5 per yard.
Definition of carpeting in:
- British & World English dictionary