adjective & nounchiefly Scottish & US
- another term for takeout ( sense 1).More example sentences
- When she arrived in this country aged 55, she had to work in a carry-out restaurant, chopping vegetables, packing up meals, washing dishes.
- I seldom choose to spend my free time cooking and instead eat at restaurants or order carry-out on most nights.
- The company operates three different models - a sit-down and buffet restaurant, a delivery / carry-out model and a convenience store unit.
More definitions of carry-outDefinition of carry-out in:
- The British & World English dictionary