noun (plural carryings-on)
- 1Excited or overwrought behavior: I’m fed up with your incessant carrying-onMore example sentences
- Not content with his usual carryings-on, today I couldn't shift him out of the house without this multi coloured encumbrance.
- We can see them openly drinking and carrying-on.
- The fact that the party, together with the media, regards this sort of carrying-on as significant, speaks volumes for how desperate they are to gather evidence against their leader.
More definitions of carrying-onDefinition of carrying-on in:
- The British & World English dictionary