- A map on which statistical information is shown in diagrammatic form.More example sentences
- Cosma Shalizi has put together a wonderful compilation of electoral college maps and cartograms.
- Stephen North and colleagues have developed methods for computing cartograms and I used their approach to create a cartogram of the election results.
- Fascinating cartograms of the election results can be found at this site.
late 19th century: from French cartogramme, from carte 'map or card' + -gramme (from Greek gramma 'thing written').
More definitions of cartogramDefinition of cartogram in:
- The British & World English dictionary