Definition of case study in English:
1A process or record of research in which detailed consideration is given to the development of a particular person, group, or situation over a period of time.
- Within an extended case-study research design framework, information is based on interviews with manufacturing firms and related organizations in British Columbia.
- Such case-study research uses a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- In the present case-study report, we have demonstrated how induced sputum can assist in the evaluation and diagnosis of suspected occupational lung diseases.
2A particular instance of something used or analyzed in order to illustrate a thesis or principle: airline deregulation provides a case study of the effects of the internal market
More example sentences
- The case study also illustrates the level of distrust and fear felt by some users of message boards.
- And the Netherlands provides a good case study of managing the geographical resources in the area.
- For those contemplating a legislative grand gesture, France provides a sobering case study.
Definition of case study in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan