Definition of casement in English:
1A window or part of a window set on a hinge so that it opens like a door: [as modifier]: casement windows
More example sentences
- A casement window works like a door, with hinges on one side and the lock and handle on the other.
- Leaded casement windows opened on to the tiny plaza in front of the cathedral and a breeze billowed tapestry-like curtains in the bedroom and sitting rooms.
- The new room measures only 12x13 feet but feels far more spacious thanks to a large casement window and sliding glass doors that open onto a new deck.
1.1chiefly literary A window.
- She never really noticed much even though that large casement exposed the contents of the store like the box of a toy with the cellophane window.
- The stained-glass insert in the astronomer's casement is the one minor detail that differentiates the two hourglass windows.
Definition of casement in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan