Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of casevac in English:
Evacuation of casualties by air.
- Helicopters performed essential duties in medical evacuation, they were usually known as dustoffs, performing dustoff duty, or casevac (casualty evacuation).
- He said casualties arrived mainly by casevac helicopters, usually after initial treatment at a field hospital.
- Development and conduct of several training exercises based on communications, search and rescue, force evacuation, mine incident and casevac scenarios.
verb (casevacs, casevacing, casevaced)[with object] Back to top
Evacuate (a casualty) by air.
- Delta Four was not out of trouble yet, coming under fire while casevacing wounded at the bunker system.
- Rapidly casevaced by the Royal Air Force, he was given swift treatment that ultimately saved his life.
- However, on the 3rd of February 1991 he was casevaced back to the UK and hospitalised.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.