- Characterized by the exchange of funds by check, debit or credit card, or various electronic methods rather than the use of cash: the cashless societyMore example sentences
- As we become a cashless society, electronic banking will no doubt make our financial lives simpler, but it will also make it easier for criminals to access our bank accounts.
- The Executive, which has been funding cashless canteen schemes, said that it had intended the cards to be used primarily for dinner halls and it was individual councils that had decided to use them for registration.
- There are 9.6 million bank accounts, a disproportionate amount for the country, but these are accounted for by recent growth in debit cards and cashless salary payments.
More definitions of cashlessDefinition of cashless in:
- The British & World English dictionary