- 1A cover or shell that protects or encloses something: a waterproof casingMore example sentences
- Electricity cables are normally covered in a protective casing which warns workers if they are about to hit a power pipe but these mains were not covered, the company said.
- The duo have dispensed with plastic CD casings and fashioned their covers from stiff cardboard.
- Bright orange casings protect the microphones from wind, which is one of the biggest problems for acoustic researchers.
- 2The frame around a door or window.More example sentences
- You should definitely caulk along the top of the baseboards, along the edge of the crown moulding were it meets the paneling, around all window and door casings and along corner moulding, if you have it.
- Don't forget the tops of window and door casings.
- You won't have to worry about door and window casings and baseboards.