- A thick brown syrup made by boiling down the juice of grated cassava with sugar and spices, and typically used as a flavoring for pepper pot (see pepper pot ( sense 2)).More example sentences
- It is a concoction of hot pepper, spice, sugar, cassareep, and salted meat, such as beef and/or pork, and is eaten with rice or another starch.
- It took its flavours both from spices that were grown in the new colonies, and from cassareep, a syrupy reduction of the juice expressed from grated bitter cassava root, sugar, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Pepper pot, served throughout the season, is a meat stew flavored with casareep, a cassava extract.
from Arawak casiripe.
More definitions of cassareepDefinition of cassareep in:
- The British & World English dictionary