- A stew made with meat and beans.More example sentences
- From France, we had quiches, bouillabaisse, omelettes, crépes, cassoulet, carbonnade de boeuf, boeuf bourguignon, coq au vin, brioche, tarte de pomme, ratatouille, and every sort of sweet or dessert you could imagine.
- Mains for not much more included crispy pork belly and bean cassoulet, slow-roast lamb shoulder with mint jelly, blade of beef with roasted root vegetables
- In Languedoc-Roussillon cassoulet (a stew of beans, pork, confits and sausage) is a regional speciality and game of any description a favourite.
French, diminutive of dialect cassolo 'stewpan', from Old Provençal cassa 'pan'; related to casserole.
More definitions of cassouletDefinition of cassoulet in:
- The British & World English dictionary