Definition of castellated in English:
1Having battlements: a castellated tower
More example sentences
- Its walls stand five-foot thick, the building is three storeys high with small castellated towers sticking out at the tops of each corner of the building.
- The castellated gatehouse of Kepwick Hall gives an estate flavour, and there's a car park near the arts and crafts-influenced church.
- The round, castellated tower was an integral part of architect Thomas Hopper's grand design for the castle.
1.1(Of a nut or other mechanical part) having grooves or slots on its upper face.
- Lastly, multiple foreign objects were found throughout the wing: line caps, castellated nuts, washers, and cotter pins.
Late 17th century: from medieval Latin castellatus, from Latin castellum (see castle).
Words that rhyme with castellatedpixilated • unventilated
Definition of castellated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.