- An extra vote given by a chairperson to decide an issue when the votes on each side are equal.More example sentences
- The second thing I want to talk about is the meeting issue and the casting vote.
- His troubles within the organisation culminated in 1930, when he had to rely on his own vote and the casting vote of the national secretary to survive.
- A casting vote of the Chairman decided the issue.
early 17th century: from an obsolete sense of cast 'turn the scale'.
More definitions of casting voteDefinition of casting vote in:
- The British & World English dictionary