- An enzyme that catalyzes the reduction of hydrogen peroxide.More example sentences
- In addition, the human body produces its own antioxidants that take the form of enzymes, including catalase, glutathione peroxidase, and superoxide dismutase.
- Many of these enzymes, such as catalase and glutathione peroxidase, are constitutively active and protect the lungs against everyday insults.
- When the enzyme catalase is added to the hydrogen peroxide solution, the activation energy is lowered even further to 4 kJ / mol.
More definitions of catalaseDefinition of catalase in:
- The British & World English dictionary