Definition of catalpa in English:
A tree with large heart-shaped leaves, clusters of trumpet-shaped flowers, and long, slender beanlike seedpods, native to North America and eastern Asia and cultivated as an ornamental.
- Genus Catalpa, family Bignoniaceae: several species, including the southern (or common) catalpa (C. bignonioides)
- In addition to those mentioned above, these include such well-known trees as quaking aspen, boxelder, northern catalpa, American holly, chestnut oak, and saguaro.
- The signature plant in her garden is the golden catalpa tree, Catalpa bignonioides Aurea, whose nearly tropical nature seems to warm up Puget Sound by at least 20 degrees.
- This is the northern catalpa, a native to the central Mississippi River Valley but found in 17 states across the U.S. and in southern Canada.
Words that rhyme with catalpascalper
Definition of catalpa in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan