- Excessive discharge or buildup of mucus in the nose or throat, associated with inflammation of the mucous membrane.More example sentences
- There may be lots of mucus or catarrh in the nose and mouth.
- Dairy products do have a tendency to induce the production of mucus and catarrh around the nose and throat.
- The catarrh produced with throat or tonsil infections can also cause bad breath.
- More example sentences
- Typical pertussis has been divided into three clinical phases: catarrhal, paroxysmal, and convalescent.
- Administration of antibiotics during the catarrhal stage shortens the duration and decreases symptom severity of the disease.
- The contagious period is seven days following exposure to the organism and during the catarrhal stage.
early 16th century: from French catarrhe, from late Latin catarrhus, from Greek katarrhous, from katarrhein 'flow down', from kata- 'down' + rhein 'flow'.
More definitions of catarrhDefinition of catarrh in:
- The British & World English dictionary