- 1Of, relating to, or characterized by catatonia: catatonic schizophreniaMore example sentences
- For the first experiment, he selected a psychotic man with catatonic schizophrenia who had required intensive nursing care for four years and had little likelihood of recovery.
- There are five subtypes of schizophrenia which may be noted: paranoid, disorganized, catatonic, undifferentiated, and residual.
- Acute and catatonic forms of the illness were more prevalent in developing countries, whereas hebephrenic and chronic forms were more frequently seen in developed countries.
- 1.1 • informal Of or in an immobile or unresponsive stupor.More example sentences
- We sat next to two young men, one was missing a front tooth, the other had moved past intoxicated into catatonic stupor.
- Tonight, he seemed cadaverous and oddly unresponsive, almost catatonic.
- The shark immediately becomes dull, unresponsive, almost catatonic for 30-90 seconds.
More definitions of catatonicDefinition of catatonic in:
- The British & World English dictionary