- 1The action of collecting water, especially the collection of rainfall over a natural drainage area.More example sentences
- Maasai have complained that settlement in the drought-prone area by Kipsigis has harmed water catchment for the Ewaso Nyiro river, which the Maasai use to water their cattle.
- Since we were unable to reach the villages upstream, we cannot establish whether the river had water catchment or storage facilities upstream.
- My job was to assess the water flows and catchment yields of these various areas, so I know them well.
- 2 short for catchment area.
More definitions of catchmentDefinition of catchment in:
- The British & World English dictionary