- A crystalline compound obtained by distilling catechu.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: benzene-1,2-diol; chemical formula: C6H4(OH)2
- This surprised the researchers, because their previous work had suggested that the intestinal enzyme catechol - O methyltransferase played a big part in digesting flavanols, and they expected to see more O methylation going on.
- Acrolein, hydroquinone, catechol, and benzo- [a] pyrene have demonstrated immunosuppressive effects in cell and animal models.
- So the problem was how to change this catechol without affecting the drug's ability to interact at the receptor.
More definitions of catecholDefinition of catechol in:
- The British & World English dictionary