Definition of cattle in English:
1Large ruminant animals with horns and cloven hoofs, domesticated for meat or milk, or as beasts of burden; cows.
- Milk yield of milch cattle has been severely affected because of scarcity of fodder.
- Death is not usual but animals cease gaining weight and milk production in dairy cattle falls.
- They also kept sheep, goats and cattle to add milk, butter, cheese and meat to their diet.
2Similar animals of a group related to domestic cattle, including yak, bison, and buffalo.
- Tribe Bovini, family Bovidae (the cattle family): four genera, in particular Bos. The cattle family also includes the sheep, goats, goat-antelopes, and antelopes
- Cereal collecting soon gave way to cereal cultivation and the domestication of sheep and cattle.