Definition of catwalk in English:
1A platform extending into an auditorium, along which models walk to display clothes in fashion shows; a runway.
- Along with trying to walk down the catwalk gracefully, the models also had to dance in front of the judges.
- There's a fashion TV channel and it shows Pakistani models walking down catwalks and Pakistani designers who are as flamboyant as designers anywhere.
- Burberry is worn by top models on the catwalks of major fashion shows around the world.
2A narrow walkway or open bridge, especially in an industrial installation.
- Swathed in black, I climbed to the top of the hall, mesmerized his snipers, sliced a hole in the roof using a plasma cutter, let myself into the catwalks above the stage, and then leapt down upon him from forty feet above.
- Next, density gave way to linearity in attenuated sculptures with inaccessible catwalks, platforms, and doorways.
- Most people find these narrow catwalks to be the most frightening part of the tour.
Definition of catwalk in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan