Definition of catwalk in English:
1A platform extending into an auditorium, along which models walk to display clothes in fashion shows; a runway.
- Along with trying to walk down the catwalk gracefully, the models also had to dance in front of the judges.
- There's a fashion TV channel and it shows Pakistani models walking down catwalks and Pakistani designers who are as flamboyant as designers anywhere.
- Burberry is worn by top models on the catwalks of major fashion shows around the world.
2A narrow walkway or open bridge, especially in an industrial installation.
- Swathed in black, I climbed to the top of the hall, mesmerized his snipers, sliced a hole in the roof using a plasma cutter, let myself into the catwalks above the stage, and then leapt down upon him from forty feet above.
- Next, density gave way to linearity in attenuated sculptures with inaccessible catwalks, platforms, and doorways.
- Most people find these narrow catwalks to be the most frightening part of the tour.
Definition of catwalk in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.