- 1Of or like a tail.More example sentences
- Scales from mid-body to the tail and the caudal and dorsal fins have black spots.
- The associated hadrosaur material consists of four caudal vertebrae and a fragmentary dentary.
- Their caudal vertebrae differ however, in that those of phlegethontiids exhibit a posterior displacement of the foramina.
- 1.1At or near the tail or the posterior part of the body.More example sentences
- Each trochlear nerve makes its exit through the caudal tectum (the dorsal portion of the midbrain), immediately lateral to the frenulum of the superior medullary velum.
- The body of the seventh sometimes bears bilaterally, near its caudal border, a costal pit for the head of the first rib.
- In the posterior precaudal and anterior caudal vertebrae rib shafts become hairlike structures.
- More example sentences
- The surgeon performs the final cryoablation episode between the right lateral aspect of the tricuspid valve caudally to the coronary sinus and up to the IVC, which is the focus that initiates atrial flutter.
- The pointed end of the egg is pointed caudally.
- The upper end of the sulcus usually cuts the dorsal border of the brain and turns caudally; rarely, it ends as much as 1 cm from the dorsal border.
mid 17th century: from modern Latin caudalis, from Latin cauda 'tail'.
More definitions of caudalDefinition of caudal in:
- The British & World English dictionary