- Severe burning pain in a limb caused by injury to a peripheral nerve.More example sentences
- Acute complete ischaemia can lead to peripheral nerve injury that manifests as the chronic pain syndrome, also referred to as causalgia, reflex sympathetic dystrophy, and many other terms.
- The syndrome, originally termed causalgia, was first used in 1864, to describe the typical burning pain caused by vasomotor disturbances following peripheral nerve injuries from gunshot wounds.
- But what other employment lifestyle threatens Sudeck's atrophy, causalgia, stellate ganglion blockades, rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus while still bombarding you with offers for herbal Viagra?
mid 19th century: from Greek kausos 'heat, fever' + -algia.
More definitions of causalgiaDefinition of causalgia in:
- The British & World English dictionary