Definition of cautery in English:
noun (plural cauteries)Medicine
1An instrument or a caustic substance used for cauterizing.
- There are other things on the drawing board such as using radio surgical instruments and thermal instruments as cauteries that should produce very good results.
- A bipolar cautery, indelible black marker, and test stimulation equipment and programmer should be available.
- The other methods of body contouring involve the removal of skin and fat primarily by direct incision using scalpel, cautery, CO2 lasers have been used, and any form of direct removal.
1.1The action of cauterizing something.
- Treatment includes excision or shave excision with curettage and cautery.
- Although a cautery usually is not needed, the nurse places an electrosurgical unit dispersive pad on the patient's thigh.
- Radiofrequency ablation is the targeted cautery of cardiac tissue by local application of radiofrequency energy.
Definition of cautery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan