A cave-dwelling salamander with pinkish to brown skin.
- Several genera and species in the family Plethodontidae, including the North American Eurycea lucifuga and the European genus Hydromantes
More example sentences
- The Tf1 / sushi group contains sushi and Hsr1 from the cave salamander Hydromantes supramontis.
- For example, in Slovenian folklore the blind and ghostly pale cave salamander Proteus anguinus is thought to be the larval stage of a dragon.
- Students play the roles of various cave creatures, including cave crayfish, cave shrimp, and cave salamander.
Definition of cave salamander in:
- The British & World English dictionary